Sunday, January 1, 2012

2012--The start of a new start for the Sheltons

It's seven minutes until the start of the new year.  I was joking with Ben that in my life, the best things happen in even numbered years.  My odd years are just simmering times...then cool things start when the numbers shift to even.  (Examples: 2006-got married, started first cool job, started graduate school; 2008-started second, even cooler job; 2010-got my dog, started third rockin' job, moved to Dallas, moved back, got licensed as a counselor, etc.)   The only exciting thing that happened in an odd year was graduating from Grad School--December 19, 2009.  I didn't get to do anything with it until 2010.  Coincidence?  ::shrug::

Whether it's the belief based on cold, hard facts (see above) or my wild imagination, I am expecting some amazing things to happen in 2012.  This is the year we start our family.  Classes will begin quickly (third Saturday in January) and we'll truly be "in the process."

It seems as if the Lord has just laid out for us that our path as a couple and family will be untraditional.  Most of our lives before now has been the same and we've seen Him work marvelous things in this process!  We can't wait to add a little one (or two) into the mix in 2012.  My clock just turned and I bid 2011 farewell.  Let's get this thing started!

No comments:

National Adoption Awareness Month - The Beauty of Plan B

November is National Adoption Awareness Month. This year, I want to take the time to share some information over the course of the month......